It is the policy of the Governing Body that all pupils who attend De Havilland Primary School wear school uniform every day.
The uniform consists of:
- White polo shirt or light blue
- Blue sweatshirt or cardigan (with School logo)
- Black or dark grey skirt, shorts or trousers
- A blue and white checked summer dress may be worn in the summer term and the first half of the autumn term
- Flat, plain black shoes or black trainers
- Plain white / grey / black socks or tights
- For nursery aged children – black or grey jogging bottoms, shorts or skirt with elasticated waist
- Summer caps should be worn in sunny weather for outside play and PE
- School blue woollen hats may be worn in the winter.
A suitable coat should be worn in cold weather.
Smarty’s Schoolwear, 66 Town Centre, Hatfield AL10 0JJ is De Havilland’s official uniform supplier.
A short-sleeved school PE T-shirt, shorts and plimsolls should be kept in a PE bag in school during the week. Ideally brought in on a Monday and taken home on a Friday.
Each child is assigned to one of the four school teams (red, blue, green or yellow) and they should wear a school PE T-shirt of the appropriate colour. Siblings are always allocated the same team colour. Shorts should be navy or black. Trainers may be worn for outdoor games. Warm tracksuits are needed during cold weather for outdoor games.
Jewellery and Hair Accessories
For reasons of safety, children are not permitted to wear jewellery. This includes earrings, necklaces, wristbands, ankle bands, brooches or badges. If you consider that your child may have special reasons to wear jewellery, please write a letter of explanation to the Headteacher, for consideration.
If their ears have been recently pierced then small studs may be worn but these must be covered with tape / plaster for PE lessons, which must be supplied from home.
Hair accessories should be black or blue discreet hair ties, hair bands and hair grips/clips. Large bows or novelty hair bands are not to be worn to school.
PLEASE ENSURE ALL SCHOOL UNIFORM, COATS AND OTHER ITEMS
BROUGHT INTO SCHOOL ARE CLEARLY MARKED WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME